- Historical background of the UCC
- Four foundational traditions and the UCC as a United and Uniting Church
- Theology and polity of covenant, statement of faith, and extravagant welcome
- Hidden histories of the UCC, the AMA, and the Afro-Christian Connection
- Worship and sacraments in the UCC
- Theological and structural implications of justice work of the UCC
- Global Ministries and ecumenical partnerships
- The UCC of the future: church revitalization and new church starts
- General Synod: structure, purpose, and implications on ministry
Whether you are seeking ministerial authorization in the UCC or a lay person interested in learning more about the denomination, this course is designed for you.
The course utilizes the online classroom combining live webinars, recorded lectures, reading, online research, student discussion and interaction, and weekly assignments.
Registration Due Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2017