This online course is from the Compassion Education Institute and was created in partnership with the Charter for Compassion International. This engaging, informative, online course is the beginning of your personal journey to a more compassionate world—an opportunity to understand and nurture your own emotions and develop your ability to empathize and act with compassion.
In this online course, you’re invited to explore opportunities to use that compassion for creating a better world—for making a difference where you live. Whether you’re a child of the sixties or a forward thinking member of the X, Y, or Z generations, if you have dreamed of making a difference in the world, this course is for you.
The course structure follows the five major aspects of Emotional Intelligence as defined by the Success Model of Emotional Intelligence. It includes a self-assessment of Emotional Intelligence skills and a final Action Plan for using those skills for a more compassionate world.
How Does This Course Work?
- The 7 lessons of Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World are completely online—with easily downloadable exercises and reflections
- You can access lessons from anywhere and at any time as long as you have an internet connection. Simple!
- You work through each lesson at you own pace during the week, adding comments and questions
- This is a self-paced course, so if you get behind, you can catch up at any time and review past lessons at your convenience.
This online course includes:
- Access to content, activities, and downloadable exercises in 7 online lessons
- 30-item self-assessment in Emotional Intelligence
- More than 50 practical, easy-to-implement techniques you can begin using today
- Action Plan guide and Plan for Compassionate Action guide
- Certificate of Completion from the Charter for Compassion International