This recorded webinar is designed for clergy and lay leaders within a judicatory who are responsible for addressing complaints of clergy misconduct.
Most of our judicatories now have clergy misconduct policies and procedures in place. These policies provide the tools and framework for responding to complaints of misconduct, but can always use a periodic review. We suggest a review every 3-5 years. This webinar will provide a review process which your committee can use to make the needed revisions. It will address:
- What is the purpose of your policy?
- What is your agenda?
- How does your theology shape your policy?
- Guidelines for important components of your policy and procedure
- Suggestions for distribution of your policy to your clergy and laity
- Relationship to your denomination’s policy
- What can we learn from application of the policy and procedure?
Rev. Dr. Marie M. Fortune is the Founder and Senior Analyst of FaithTrust Institute. She is a pastor in the United Church of Christ, an educator, theologian and author of numerous publications including Responding to Clergy Misconduct: A Handbook (2009)
M.L. Daniel is a lawyer in private practice, an active lay leader in the Disciples of Christ (Christian Church).
Learn more and register for this on demand webinar