This on-demand webinar explores:
- How Native Hawaiians & indigenous approaches are valuable when seeking healing from domestic violence
- How cultural ways of thinking & acting can help stop the violence
- How colonization & racism must be acknowledged as part of the problem
- How trauma is a central theme related to intimate violence
- How colonization is a form of trauma (loss of culture, traditions, language, access, land, people)
- How one can utilize Hawaiian traditions with Western “best practices” to find healing
Disclaimer: Sacred Space Online Learning (SSOL) seeks to provide individuals with information about religious, spiritual, or faith-based online resources from a variety of sources. Sacred Space Online Learning does NOT claim ownership over this online course or online offering. Sacred Space Online Learning is also NOT responsible for the accuracy of the materials, the content, the way they are advertised or taught, or the costs associated with this online course or offering. The views and opinions expressed in this online course or offering are those of the creators and/or the persons appearing in the online class or offering. They do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SSOL, the OFLD, or MCC. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the creator(s) of the given online course or online offering.